07 October 2009

apples, fire trucks, pumpkin pie


It's not fall in New England without a day spent apple picking, pumpkin gathering, and checking out a farm stand. Nate actually ate his apple, Mason just held one tight. He did pick out his own pumpkin, very carefully.


We spent a beautiful day doing all that, and got a special exclusive Lieutenant-guided tour of a Firehouse & Fire Trucks this Sunday. The boys are nutty over fire trucks, and our friends Jackie & Barry were kind enough to invite us for a tour of a firehouse. Barry's a volunteer fireman & Lieutenant in Brookline, NH. Although the trucks were awfully large compared to a two & a half year old, they did rather well. And haven't stopped mentioning them since.



I filled up my basket with our fresh-from-the-tree apples, and filled our home with the smell of apple crisp last night. Yum. I love fall.



the first 3 photos are thanks to Cayce...  Thank You!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Oh, I am definitely in an autumn state of mind after reading this post ;)

Karen said...

mission accomplished... Thanks!

Karen said...

Karen,

I live in So Cal and I really miss the fall colors. I think Autumn is my favorite time of the year. I haven't even got a chance to wear a long sleeve shirt!

Take Care, Karen

About Us | Site Map | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Blog Design | 2007 Company Name