11 September 2009

the finished basket


But it's much more than that. It's a completed project (those of you with a half dozen, half complete projects understand this) and a discovery & successful implementation of a new to me technique (fusing plastic bags). It's a physical manifestation of one reason why I wanted to create this online dialog - to bring creativity back to my life on a continual basis and have accountability for it. And it's also a spark... now that I've found a new material to work with, there are endless possibilities for it's use. My niece Ali would enjoy creating with this. It would be the perfect lining for the puppy-treats bag she wants to make.



The fabric liner was very quick & easy. If you haven't done it before & need info, comment here & I'll do a tutorial. My list is growing :). The fusing was so simple - I think I'm hooked. It took under 10 minutes from getting out the iron to the completed piece. I can deal with that! For this I used 4 bags, yielding an 8-layer piece. Cut it to size/shape with scissors, and there you have it. My last post has the link to the how-to, if you didn't already go. I highly recommend giving it a try, & seeing what you can do. This project start to finish, was completed while my boys were napping - under an hour. 
Now to go apple picking...

1 comments:

Ali =] said...

But wait, there's more!
Yeah I think I gave up trying to sew plastic. Mom's machine is way too old and stubborn for that /shakes head
The agility place is being difficult anyways. Rawr. I made the jump and everything.
Don't I have pants with this material on them...?

About Us | Site Map | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Blog Design | 2007 Company Name